Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Notice
We are now ready for people to attend Sunday services on-site once again! We also understand that some would prefer to wait, and that is absolutely fine. There is no pressure to do so either way, and the live stream will continue to be available.
We will be closely monitoring Government and local updates on Covid-19, and we reserve the right to close the building or change approach at any stage if it either becomes necessary, or we deem the risk to people to be too great to continue for a period of time.
Services on-site will be different – we can’t sing, face coverings must be worn (by law, though exemptions apply) and contact with other people will need to be limited.
Importantly, if you’re planning to join us, you’ll need to book in advance.
With social distancing requirements in place, we have a limited number of spaces available for booking on a first come, first served basis. If you turn up without booking ahead, there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to enter the building.
WCBC Conditions of Entry
By entering the church, you agree to our Conditions of Entry (click to view). These are in place for the protection of all on-site, particularly given we have a significant proportion of people in higher risk categories. Simply put, if you cannot agree to them, please do not attend in-person!
During the booking process, you can also opt-in to providing your name and phone number for the NHS Test & Trace Service, and we would encourage you do so, though it is not mandatory. Forms are also provided onsite for this purpose on arrival.
How To Book
You can book to attend a Sunday service from the preceding Monday. There are two ways to book:
In both cases, you will be asked to provide your name, phone number and the number of people who will attend. You may only book for those in your own household, up to a maximum group size of 6, as per government regulations.
Other Attendance Instructions
Please click here to view the other attendance instructions that are expected to be followed by those who attend.
At this time, we should remember that we serve a God who brings hope, peace and security, come what may. He calls us to love one another too, as Christ cares for His church. We believe that no matter what, God is there for all people, and faith in Jesus as our Saviour and Lord is what gives us the greatest protection and hope, in life, death, and in any trouble we face.
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble”
We will continue our online meetings for those who aren’t able to attend in-person.
Our weekly Sunday service takes place at the same time as usual, 10.30am, and can be streamed via our Youtube channel, here.
Our current series ‘Purpose – What are we here for?’ is looking at the gospels of Mark & Matthew.
A weekly Bible study is being held via Zoom with our Pastor, Chris. Please get in touch for joining details.
Note that our prayer meeting is now resuming in-person, and is held each Monday morning at 10.30am in the church hall.
We will be contacting our members and regular attenders via email and phone with any updates, and letting everyone know what we’re planning during this period. If you would like to be added to this list, please contact the office here.
We will also update this page accordingly.
Conditions of Entry
Please read the conditions below. By entering the church building you agree to abide by them.
- If you have: a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; or a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste, please DO NOT book, or enter the building
- All attendees (12+ yrs) are required to wear a face covering onsite, unless a medical exemption applies
- Please observe social distancing of 2m wherever possible, or as indicated
- Only enter the building when invited to do so, follow directions of the stewards/the service leader at all times, and leave as directed at the end of the service
- Use the hand sanitisers provided upon entry to the building. Sanitisers are also available in the Foyer, Sanctuary and near the toilets.
- Minimise the number of surfaces you touch
- Avoid touching your eyes or mouth
- Do not touch others who are not in your household
- Coughing or sneezing must be mitigated by use of arm, handkerchief or tissue, to be retained by you and disposed of in your own home. Please ensure you use sanitiser, or wash your hands
- If using the toilet, please follow the directions on the toilet door/inside the toilet. Only one toilet in the foyer is open for use on a Sunday morning
- Children should remain with parent(s)/guardian(s) throughout
- Please remain in your allocated seating area whenever possible during your time in the building. If you need to leave your seat, please return to that seat only
Please read the additional attendance instructions below.
- Please bring a face covering with you – these are mandatory in law (with some exemptions – for leaders of services, some medical conditions and under 12s)
- Please arrive at the building no earlier than 10am. Admittance will start at 10.15am.
- The main pedestrian gates on Poole Road will be closed, so use the single gate located further along the front wall towards the car park entrance. Please queue along the front facade (outside Room 1) to the main doors.
- If wet, the door to the church hall from the car park entrance will be open and queuing will take place from the hall, through the corridor, to the main church sanctuary.
- Pews available for seating have a pew cushion on them. Please only sit where you’ve been asked to, and if you’re sitting on just a bare wooden pew, you’re not in the right place!
- No Bibles will be available in the pews, readings will be on the screen. However you can bring your own Bible and water, if you wish.
- Finally, and very practically (!) we kindly also ask that people use their own WC facilities at home before attending to avoid WC use in the church wherever possible.
Our Church Team
Get to know who’s on our brilliant leadership team and find out a bit about them.
If you’re new to the church, or indeed to the area, we’d love to let you know a bit more about us.
We record our sermons so you can listen online.
Listen to a recent talk or search the archives!