Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Notice
During this new national lockdown, the church will be closed for on-site Sunday services. Of course, we will continue to meet for worship via our online live stream at the usual time of Sundays at 10.30am.
Our current series, The Church on the Move, is going through Acts chapters 1–9.
We will continue to closely monitor Government and local updates on Covid-19, and we reserve the right to change approach at any stage.
At this time, we should remember that we serve a God who brings hope, peace and security, come what may. He calls us to love one another too, as Christ cares for His church. We believe that no matter what, God is there for all people, and faith in Jesus as our Saviour and Lord is what gives us the greatest protection and hope, in life, death, and in any trouble we face.
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble”
Other online Meetings
In addition to our Sunday services, the following meetings continue to take place online.
A fortnightly Bible study is being held via Zoom with our Pastor, Chris. Please get in touch for joining details.
Additionally, a weekly small group is being held online via Zoom — contact Pam and Derek for details.
Note that our prayer meeting is still meeting online-only. Again, please get in touch for joining details.
We will be contacting our members and regular attenders via email and phone with any updates, and letting everyone know what we’re planning during this period. If you would like to be added to this list, please contact the office here.
We will also update this page accordingly.
Conditions of Entry
Please read the conditions below. By entering the church building you agree to abide by them.
- If you have: a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; or a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste, please DO NOT book, or enter the building
- As our area is now in Tier 2 restrictions, socialising whilst indoors can only be with those in your household/bubble. All attendees are therefore asked to respect this whilst on site (some exemptions apply).
- All attendees (12+ yrs) are required to wear a face covering onsite, unless a medical exemption applies
- Please observe social distancing of 2m wherever possible, or as indicated
- Only enter the building when invited to do so, follow directions of the stewards/the service leader at all times, and leave as directed at the end of the service
- Use the hand sanitisers provided upon entry to the building. Sanitisers are also available in the Foyer, Sanctuary and near the toilets.
- Minimise the number of surfaces you touch
- Avoid touching your eyes or mouth
- Do not touch others who are not in your household
- Coughing or sneezing must be mitigated by use of arm, handkerchief or tissue, to be retained by you and disposed of in your own home. Please ensure you use sanitiser, or wash your hands
- If using the toilet, please follow the directions on the toilet door/inside the toilet. Only one toilet in the foyer is open for use on a Sunday morning
- Children should remain with parent(s)/guardian(s) throughout
- Please remain in your allocated seating area whenever possible during your time in the building. If you need to leave your seat, please return to that seat only
- As a reminder, congregational singing is not allowed at this time
Please read the additional attendance instructions below.
- Please bring a face covering with you – these are mandatory in law (with some exemptions – for leaders of services, some medical conditions and under 12s)
- Please arrive at the building no earlier than 30 mins before service start time. Admittance will start around 15 minutes before the service.
- The main pedestrian gates on Poole Road will be closed, so use the single gate located further along the front wall towards the car park entrance. Please queue along the front facade (outside Room 1) to the main doors.
- If wet, the door to the church hall from the car park entrance will be open and queuing will take place from the hall, through the corridor, to the main church sanctuary.
- Pews available for seating have a pew cushion on them. Please only sit where you’ve been asked to, and if you’re sitting on just a bare wooden pew, you’re not in the right place!
- No Bibles will be available in the pews, readings will be on the screen. However you can bring your own Bible and water, if you wish.
- Finally, and very practically (!) we kindly also ask that people use their own WC facilities at home before attending to avoid WC use in the church wherever possible.
Our Church Team
Get to know who’s on our brilliant leadership team and find out a bit about them.
If you’re new to the church, or indeed to the area, we’d love to let you know a bit more about us.
We record our sermons so you can listen online.
Listen to a recent talk or search the archives!